- Corporate members
- Green Ambassadors
- News / Activities
- Activity 1 Congresses
- Activity 2 Regional networking
- Activity 3 Certification systems
- Activity 4 Media/press
- Activity 5 Policy and planning
- Activity 6 Biodiversity
- Activity 7 Rain water management
- Activity 8 photovoltaic
- Activity 9 Living Walls
- Activity 10 food from Roofs
- Activity 11 Virtual summit
- Activity 12 Membership relation
- Activity 13 QM, international certification
- Activity 14 LAGIN
- Photos & Images
Last Update: 4th October 2013
Welcome and News
- All member organization from WGIN are invited to sent us information about their related national congress - activities. We will add this to the WGIN- web page; contact for the information;
- We are preparing the first WGIN - Quarterly information pfd. Thanks to Aslan Janoubi. He is responsible to prepare it. The first issue will be sent out mid December 2014.
-Information about our next WGIN congress in Nagoya 14.-16. Nov. 2015 are now available; see the banner right hand - including the pdf.
direct contact: Hajime Koshimizu.
Exiting Congress held Qingdao, organized by IRLA in Qingdao 19th – 20th October; more than 1000 Participants were interested in Green roofs and related themes. More; see on our facebook page.
In a nutshell: Success in Sydney: WGIC 2014 – The WGIN – Event! Thanks to Matt Dillon and the GRA-TEAM for these perfect days full of exiting projects and professional talks.
- Great Site tours (e.g. One Central);
- 350 participants see some impressions (Fotos).
- Announcement of the the next two WGIN-Congresses:
2015: Japan (Nagoya); 2016: Colombia (Bogota)
- Growth of the WGIN: Welcome to the new board members:
Colombia, Recive (Andres Ibanez),
India, IGIN (Hemakumar),
Scandinavia, represented by Dorthe Romoe (our former WGIN Ambassador),
- Announcing Tanya Mueller (Amena) to our new ambassador.
- Thanks to Tanya Muellers (Amena-Mexico) work as founding member and longtime board member.
- Thanks to Joao from ATV- Brasil founding member and longtime board member of WGIN. (Minutes and more in the member area).
- New vice president: Matt Dillon, GRA, Australia.
- Announcement of our first WGIN honorable member: Patrick Blanc, inventor of the vertical garden in felt technology, more…
Green roof Book “Green roofs in the world” 1rst edition – nearly sold out link.
Future work of WGIN: New membership categories are under review:
- Single individual members. WGIN is happy to set up such category for individual supporter of our non-governmental – not for profit work - to make our World a little bit healthier.
LATEST NEWS FOR WGIN MEMBERS:
Follow this Link and get a 50% Discount for registration and participation off.
WGIC: New date: Our World Congress WGIC: 7th-10th October! “World Green infrastructure Congress Sydney” - Organized by GRA! All national groups are invited to make this to our outstanding event in 2014. Latest academic presentation, State of the Art projects will be presented. A new award – will be launched.
- New president of Adivet, France: Mr. Raphaël Lamé; gratulation and much success!
See the updates of our member organizations in Korea and Taiwan.
See the new contact information of our WGIN Ambassador Dorthe Rømø.
-The first WGIN – publication is nearly completed. The great launch take place Madrid; April 3, information. Thanks to Julian Briz and his team from Pronatur.
-Congratulation: The Iranian Green Roof & Infrastructure Association IGRA is doing well. President is the architect: Aslan Janoubi, more information.
-Have also a look to the new re-launched homepage of Columbia:
WGIN representatives are invited to a EU commission in Brussel. Aim is to talk about a future European “Green infrastructure program”.
In 2014 in nearly all WGIN member countries will be Green roof / Green infrastructure - events. This is great to see our ideas spread out to the local decision maker – everywhere.
Further board member representation – activities: in 2014 early confirmed:
In Ditzingen, Germany (February)
In Nashville, USA (November 12-15)
....see the call for paper is open, deadline March3
… more will be announced next time.
Short report: Green cruises
Green roof technology on sea cruiser, (Courtesy to Jörg Breuning and Peter Phillippi.)